Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Friday, October 7, 2011

Introducing: Feed Me Friday

This is something I thought would be fun to do every Friday. I don't usually do recipes on this blog, which is actually really strange because I love to cook. Anyway, I was thinking that every Friday, I could post either a seasonal recipe (whether it is fun crafty holiday food, or using seasonal ingredients), or must have staple recipes in my house. I think this could be fun.

Since it is now October, I want to share some spooky dishes with you this month! The funny thing is, I made these all last year for the week of Halloween, while I was newly pregnant and didn't know it. Halloween was my very first "extremely nauseous" day, and I remember seeing the pictures pop up over and over on my photo screen saver, and almost having to run to the bathroom, sick. Luckily, this year, I see them, and I'm excited to try them again! We're good...no permanent damage.

The first I'll share with you are these creepy bones served with bloooood.

(A.K.A. breadsticks and pizza sauce)

I'm sure you could come up with a much more clever presentation


Ridiculously simple:

1. Buy a package of pre-made breadsticks (I used Pilsbury)
2. Lay them out flat on the baking sheet
3. Slice about 2 inches down the middle of each breadstick on the top and bottom
4. Roll each end up away from the center
5. brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesian cheese and garlic salt (these are super healthy)

For the sauce:

You can of course buy pre-made Pizza sauce, but I just took one 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, and gave about two shakes of each; basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, and garlic salt. If you don't have all of these, at least go for the basil and garlic salt.

And there you have it...bones 'n' blood. Stay tuned for the fingers next!

P.S. Check me out today on A Happy Place Called Home, where my tissue paper canvases for Sienna's room where featured! Thanks Kelli!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin